Sunday, March 05, 2023

Another New Few Plants!

Nope!  No politics for me thanks!  I'm driving!  Today is Sunday!  Fine day Sunday!  God's day of rest!  Rest from the wicked!

It's so beautiful here now!  Such fun gardening!  I am seeing what does well here in Florida!  I don't share everything.  Just the things I am amazed with here in Florida.  We all know pumpkins, potatoes and such do well.  Lettuce does well now but when the heat comes you have to provide shade and water in the warmer part of summer.  

We do have cool weather here.  We even get frost!  The days are warmer and the cool weather doesn't last long IMHO.  We were already using the pool in the beginning of February.  The last day using it this year, was the middle of December.  In 2021we used the pool all the way to New Year's Day.  This season was a bit quicker and we had frost earlier.  

We also did an acid clean, the pool looks bluer now!  I'm sure it hasn't been done before.  The place is only 15 years old!  If you keep up on all the maintenance it won't need it.  Also you don't know how feeble the pool people were, that were hired in the past.

Strawberries

The gnome that looks over the strawberries.
The first canna made it through the winter with some help of pine needles.  Two more and a plumeria added to the row now.  
The Mandevilla I had didn't show signs of coming back.  I dug it up and put it in soil.  For now I have a new one!  "The impatient gardener" that is me!  
This is a Florida Rose.  It likes warm weather.  I do take this one indoors.  Our real estate person gave us this when we moved in, with a bottle of really yummy red wine!  She is from my state of Indiana!
The butterfly garden!  The Salvia plant is still in the pot soon to be planted by the pink flowers that bloomed all winter long!  I believe that is from the lantana family.  The butterflies love lantana and butterfly bushes.  Last year they hung out in our yard all summer into winter!

This is a weed that is from the family of the daisy.  I will keep it around for the flower.  Butterflies are attracted to all kinds of flowers and they like messy gardens.  That is why I have a section just for them!  I really don't like messy.  Thats why the stones and other attractions for me were added.  Around here they call weeds natives.  Some have beautiful flowers!   If I had my way we wouldn't have any grass!  I took out another big chunk of grass when I put this all in!  

The rest of the butterfly garden.  Old pictures but you get to see what I put in.  All the rock paths added was me adding it all.  I'll take more pictures as it all fills in.  I'm always adding.  This makes my husband anxious.  When I am finished I catch him enjoying it all.  





  


No comments: