Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Comfort Food.

 Since the government isn't giving us any comfort, because basically they give two shits about our country!  Or us American citizens!  I have made my own comfort!  They will NEVER get to my soul!  God is with me!  Those touting Gods name, are actually pacifying the imbeciles, that still believe in them!  They're actually running with the devil!  I'm talking about Chuck Schumer, Kevin McCarthy and the rest of those bozos!  Chuck mentioned God?  Really?  Better watch yourself there, Chucky boy!  

Cooking with God!  I know I'm the biggest sinner.  At least, I do recognize that and pray!  Those rejects, just throw his name around!  Oh well let's get on with it!

Oh look!  Free water for the pool!  How nice is that!  The gutters over filled!  We got 3 inches and now the sun is out!



I have had another day off from watering!  We got lots of rain here and I am grateful!  My herbs got washed by the rain.   Basil, parsley, dill, garlic, onion & sage.  I used all fresh herbs from the garden.  

I know that onion goes in to sauté first, however I had the bacon in it, after browning the meat.  Taking the meat out, adding the bacon, onion, and introducing the meat afterwords.  Followed by the seasonings and broth.  In this case onion can be added second, when bacon is used.  Otherwise it is first always.  Sautéed in clarified butter, of course!  Did you know that?  Well, now you do!

It's hunting season!  Fresh meat for the stew!  Potatoes added in an hour followed by celery,  carrots, more broth and seasoned to perfection!  It all will go nicely with my homemade bread!  The smell again is wonderful!

I'll use a strainer to add my thickening, whisking it all in a strainer, from the top.  The easiest way to make gravy too.   

I got all my herbs collected, right after the down pour!  


I did check on all the fruits and vegetables, before the down pour.  Everything is growing!  The cantaloupe is forming on the vines, with the watermelon being as big as a golf ball now!  

Another wonderful day!  

No comments: