Sunday, September 24, 2023

A Sunday Update On Gods Gifts!

 The only President I know is Donald J. Trump!  

I have eyes to see and ears to hear.  The dems have been brain dead long ago!  The GOP was right behind them all along!  I have no problem writing people off!  I know God has got this!  You think you matter to me?  NOPE!

As I do, what ever the heck I want to.  I do my part, in my own way.  Too bad others, just like to make themselves sick and others sick.  I tend to go far as I can, away from anyone that remotely, goes along with stupid.  They might have a degree and think they are smart, not so much! 

Life is to be enjoyed, God needs to be put first!  My loyalty is with God first!  That is just how I'm planing on living!  I know, I'm much more happier that way!  

Have you all noticed, how the dollar is going away?  Yet they sell you gold and silver?  The ones selling it, are getting the worthless dollar?  Hmmmmm...  I also notice, how paraphernalia is a big selling point!  Everyone and their brother, are also writing books!  I must be the only one not making money!  Do I care?  Oh hell no!  I'm retired!  I worked 40 + f'n years!  The government STOLL FROM ME!  THEY STILL ARE!!

I don't care, because I am growing my own food.  I know how to hunt and fish!  Also, I'm a pretty damn good cook!

I just got a new toy to freeze-dry preserve food.  The new oven we are getting this week, will have an air sous vide mode.  Um, ok you smart asses out there!  I know how to cook on coals and fire!  I have done it!  I have a nice fire pit too!  Lots of timber near by on the property!

I just made these cinnamon rolls this morning.  Actually I made them yesterday.  I pulled them out early at 5am, to raise before baking.  Anyway, in our old stove, that is the original stove that came with the 16 year old home.  It doesn't hold the temp!  I check all my meat with a thermometer.  Everything was taking twice as long to cook and at dangerous temps, with meat!  It's time for a new stove!

I used the new sealer, for my rolls.  I just got this thing, to preserve the rest in the freezer.  You can do wet, dry vacuum all or some air out and it seals it.  No more stupid containers!  Saves space and keeps freezer burn at bay!  I still put dates and use it all within 6 months though.  We shall see.  By the way these rolls, they are the original Cinna-Bun recipe. 

I'm not crazy about cooking things in plastic though.  Plastic has chemicals.  However, adding herbs butter and such, then defrosting in the fridge, will be like helping season your food.  I plan to cut the bag cooking it in a glass dish or broiler.

I can't wait to do my seasoning and meats, fish, veggies from the garden!  

Speaking of gardening.  The update!  Herbs, pepper plant, zucchini, winter squash are still thriving!  Even the delicious tomatoes are coming up!  Yep!  All from seed!  sowed in late August, early September.

On the left below, are carrots and green onions.  Slow but steady.  On the right, we have snap pea's and regular peas.



Lettuce is getting bolder!  It's nice at different stages.  That way, I maybe able to use it all.  Or give it away.  On the right, the pumpkins are getting a slow but steady start!


Oh look the cantaloup and watermelon are taking over the lead!  I have seen several starts!  Let's hope they come to the finish line!


Cherry tomatoes!  Now they need to grow, just a bit larger and turn a nice red orange!


I plan to direct sow more things in the spring.  Our fall seems like spring here in Florida.  With less sun the cold weather crops should do better than the hot.  It is supposed to hit 90 this afternoon.  It's at 86 right now but very pleasant!  The temps go down into the 60's at night.  It's a race for what fruits vegetables, will be ready first!


No comments: