Sunday, September 10, 2023

A Sunday Special!

 The NRA is going after New Mexico.  Shall not be infringed!  Obviously these people flunked government, history and economics in school!

Today is definitely a good day also to send those illegals to all the skanktuary "sanctuary" happy now?  "Sanctuary shit holes" is what I call blue states!  Ah well the idiots will soon see how destructive that is.  I heard that Nike went and closed down in a blue state, because of looting.  More out of a job there now.

Well here is my Sunday special!

First just some of the flowers I captured after weeding, cleaning and making my grandmothers homemade bread for dinner, to go with a fantastic meal tonight!



Wonderful colors popping up all over the yard!  There is just too many!
The passion fruit is just coming along now.



It's been a hot summer!  Now with temps cooling it's time to start again, here in Florida!  Below some of the pictures look like dirt.  If you look closer they are popping up hints of green!  No those are not weeds!  They are veggies!  Some things are growing more aggressively!  

Lettuce, green onions, two different kinds of peas, zucchini, tomatoes and cherry tomatoes!





I know tomatoes are considered a fruit.  The cantaloup and watermelon were in longer, so have the cherry tomatoes, they are getting bigger!  The cherry tomatoes are the ones in the cage in the above pictures.

The basil seems to be winning the race here!  These, I will keep in the pool area and my kitchen.  I'll be using them in my recipes.  The other tomatoes I will put in the raised bed when they get bigger.  Just in case of heavy rain.   I have small seedlings already in the raised bed coming up.  We had rain, however I believe in nature.  It will do what nature does.  I just want to see which will do better.  Doing seeding one way verse the other.   


I'm not into the hydroponic.  The mineral solutions seem crazy to me.
Here is what I read or listened to about hydroponic growing.  

The disadvantages are high installation costs and the need to test the solution frequently. There is a steep learning curve to hydroponics, and small errors can affect the whole crop. The systems are also very vulnerable to equipment failure or power outage, which can kill the plants within a few hours. Yields are about the same as for soil-grown crops.
I will do it the farmers way!  I already use fish type fertilizer and shell.  That is probably why it is coming up so fast.  Good soil helps.  I plan to make my own soil too with using compost.  I'v done that before.  However here in Florida you have sand.  I like the raised bed method.  I will be doing some in ground next season like in spring.  

Plants also root quite a bit, so I will not allow that to happen.  I have my pitchfork after harvest!  I'll also be grabbing my own seeds.  

Well it's time to kneed my homemade bread!  It's out by the pool, in the warmth of the sun!  Nope never took home economics!  I was into gun clubs and archery though.  Meat and cooking is second nature to me and I loved science!  I also love food!  A bottle of red wine awaits the pallet!  Cheers!




No comments: