Saturday, February 25, 2023

It's SPRING!

Time to get out and get some fresh air!  

This morning when we got up I immediately opened both sliding doors for that open concept Caribbean feel!  AHHHHHHH.....

The coopers hawks were flying and screaming in circles.  Must be mating season!  All the birds saw me and came closer.  As I unlocked the door to the carriage house, a gecko greeted me.  I love them!  I had one in my hand the other day.  I guess they know I won't hurt them.  They watch me garden.  As does the black snake!  Sorry mr. snake!  I took your cover away!  He needs to stay on my island!  Around the house I like it neat and tidy!

All the pine needles are packed away!  I'm finding all the things that are coming back from the season they call winter around here.   I'm going to have to feed things.  I have already started that process.  

My new crape Myrtle is 9 months old.  It's a Muskogee Crape Myrtle, thats supposed to give off pink flowers.   I didn't have that last season but I'm betting maybe this time.  It gets the sun in the day time.  As the days get longer it will have more sun to start it out.  That picture next to that stick in the ground, is the Cannes plant that my niece gave me.  She gave it to me around last year at this time.  I left it in the ground, stuck pine needles on it for the winter month we had.  Looks pretty!  God is good!



No comments: