Saturday, November 04, 2023

Yes, I Actually Do Use My Mezzaluna Knife!

 I also know how to properly use it!

I just got done making my pizza dough.  Made the sauce and got fresh oregano from the garden.  I don't know what I would do without my mezzaluna double edge knife!


Many people don't know what this is.  I went to a garage sale and they had one!  Everyone was handling it, not knowing what it was.  Of course, I told them and they looked at me and asked, if I used one.  I said all the time!  

Of course, the one that I saw, wasn't as nice as my Hanckel mezzaluna knife.  I got mine together, with the wood base bowl.  I wasn't interested in the one at the garage sale, but once I said how great it was, the woman bought it!  My friend that had the garage sale was in awe.  They had no idea either, because it belonged to a family member.

I proudly display my two sets of chief knives on the counter.  Easy to use.  I love cooking!  It's fun!  What is even more fun is having the right tool, for every job.

I don't have the clutter either.  I have all kinds of room in the kitchen.  Unless you are a business, cranking out lots of different meals, all you need is a nice sauté pan, a skillet that will go into the oven, after brazing, a slight raised wok, a couple of pots two sizes and a dutch oven for stews.  Now spatula for scraping, silicone for high heat tolerance.  Great for mixing!  I hate waste.  I do have a few different sizes of whisks.  A kitchen Aid mixer is a must, and get extra bowls for that! 

My poor sister-in-law was in my kitchen making salsa with me.  She grabs my mezzaluna knife and board to use.  I thought oh she knows what it is.  NOPE!  I immediately grabbed it from her, before she dulled the blades!  She started chopping with it!  I had to take over.  You rock it, I told her.  See like this.  I got the eye roll.  Then I told her if you want a chopping knife this one over here, with the board will do the trick.  She does not know how to use a knife or the zester!

No comments: