Tuesday, November 07, 2023

How Many Didn't Know?

 Maybe people that weren't paying attention!  To them it was always about party!  Democracy and the "We are a Republic for which it stands, one nation under God" be damned!  I feel sorry for such stupidity!  Obama is a lazy ass, however, he sure destroyed this country from with in so far, with sleepy Joe and with the help of useful idiots!

Ah, but time marches on and I will continue with my life.  I tried a long time ago!  Not that I'm giving up, but only enjoying the fruits of my labor.  Thanks be to God!  Because I know, I didn't do it alone, evil will never win!

I made a fantastic chocolate mousse!  Not from a mix!  I had not made it in years!  Yesterday the mixing bowls, pots, Kitchen Aid came out!  You have to have a Kitchen Aid!  Mine is over 30 years old!  I love it!


You need to separate 5 eggs, get two pots on the stove, with hot water going.  A nice big metal bowl for the chocolate and the other for the mixture of egg yolk, salt, 1/4 cup of sugar with of course Bailey's!  A lot of whisking goes into this!  While the chocolate melts.


The chocolate does not like to change temperature.  You have to introduce it slowly, to the egg mixture on the other hot pot of water.  You will know when the egg mixture is ready, while whisking you see the bottom of the bowl.  Not too long though just enough to see it thickening a little but still flowing.  You need to be whisking the entire time.  Good arm and wrist exercise!  Ever so slowly adding the chocolate.  

"Like the frog in hot water, the chocolate won't know what is happening until it's too late!"  That analogy will be ingrained in me, forever!

Then you have a nice fluffy mixture!


Folding in the whipped egg whites with less than a 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.  You have to have that peek, so keep checking it, during mixing.  Then adding the whip cream that you made with no sugar because this will be sweet enough.  Mixing in gently.  I even used some orange zest!

Put it in cups, pipe the extra whipping cream you made earlier with a little sugar whipped in, on top, grate a little chocolate, I thought of getting fresh mint from the garden, to garnish before serving!  

Oh, and you can't enjoy this right away!  Nope, you have to put it in the fridge for more than 5 hours or overnight!  It will firm, be light, airy and delish!  The wait is worth it!

I made this in the morning yesterday.  We enjoyed it before bedtime!  Two more servings are waiting in the fridge!


Yes it was worth it!  Yummy!  Like being in an expensive restaurant eating an over priced dessert!



No comments: