Saturday, November 18, 2023

Garden Update!

 No George Soros!  I don't plan on eating bugs!  I will be happy!  

My garden is doing just fine!

Butterflies all over the place in the butterfly garden part of the property!  The weeping bottlebrush tree has blooms!  That giant leaf thing behind it is a milkweed.  This is 8ft tall!  Below is the lantana, that I will soon have to trim back!  That hint of purple stringy things, are the Mexican Petunias.  They die back and come back in the spring.  I also cut them back.


Cherry tomato plant is getting huge and full of fruit!  Some of the tomatoes are bigger than cherries!  More to come!


I just planted this garlic a week ago!  and it's coming up!  I have to watch for the flower now and cut that off.  It will be ready in June.  I hope I never have to buy garlic again!  The other plants around this garlic is a squash, zucchini, and tomato plant.


Carrots are looking like a forest!  The bunch onions were hit and miss, so what I did yesterday was just reseeded more bunch onions, and more lettuce.  We shall see what happens.  As for the peas and lettuce, I harvested them already.  I noticed the plant for the peas are popping back.  Huh?

I already harvested some of the radishes but here they are!  I read that you have to harvest them fast.  If you leave them in the ground they get a hot taste to them.  I'll pull these up soon and start more.  They were fast growing!  A month and a half!


I counted 4 watermelons!  I cut the vines back, so that the energy would go into the ones that were already getting big.  I read it's good to do that per vine.  So far the one by the bed "the vine grew up and out of the raised bed", is about 7lb.  The one in front I'll give it a 3.  I only got one cantaloup though.  


I'm quite satisfied with the harvest!  My pumpkin plant is still small just sitting there telling me, "yeah, I'm still here!"  Since I started so late with seeds!  Just building up my beds, in this area for growing.  I wasn't going to start all this till December and plant in the spring.  Glad now I didn't wait!  I would have missed out!  I have the feel for it now, I'll be growing much more!  Thank you God!


No comments: