Thursday, May 25, 2023

In The Garden

Yes, there are some creepy crawlers here.   This one died though because we have our area treated for these things.  Didn't take too long for the tiny ants to come.  We had a heavy rain yesterday so it most likely got washed out of the grate that runs along the pool area.  They like dark damp places.  Other than this time, I never see them alive.  

I really had to zoom in! 



I thought I would go around and take some pictures...  There are so many different kinds of plants here!  All four of my Hawaiian Ti plants are all coming back beautifully!  Oh and the blackberries are blooming!  Next to the black berry is what's called a rose.  Our realtor gave us this plant and it has taken off on blooms!  It does better in small pots and we do bring it in during 40 degrees at night winters.  I usually will put it back out for the daytime sun.  Then put it back in again for the night.  Down on the right is the Agave plant from a neighbor.  It's getting bigger!  She gave me several little plants a year ago.  They get huge and have babies.  I saw them at the nursery and the huge ones they wan't over a hundred bucks for them!



Next we have a Salvia.  Next to that a Peaches and Cream Honeysuckle.  The honeysuckle of this kind also will do well in a zone 8.  Allamanda.  I not only have this yellow kind, but also a pink.  They get huge!  I threw some wild flower seeds out and got some orange and pink kind of cosmos plants.  I call them weeds but butterflies, bees, and hummers love them.



In the distance I put in two Pampas grasses.  I had one in Kirkland and I know they grow to be huge!  I never cut it back and was a little sorry I planted one there.  The grasses get huge and unruly.  You have to have acres for them.  Now we do!  The plumes will come up near fall.  The one I planted in Kirkland was this size.  It still had plumes and the second year it got up to 10ft without the plumes!  The Blue Jacaranda Tree is in a pot near our other fire pit area.  It will have purple flowers.  It reminds me of the Weeping Bottle Brush Tree, but with purple flowers.  I guess it will bloom soon.  This is my first season with this one.  Then the star in the right bottom corner is yet another kind of Jasmin.  I tried to grow this in Kirkland WA.  But it didn't make it.  If I was to have it in a pot and bring it inside, it probably would have lived!  Anyway this is its second season so it is established.  Smells wonderful and more at night.  I guess it is night Jasmin.  This one blooms more often than the Confederate Jasmin er "Madison" Jasmin.  I guess it's a Southern thing with the name.  I have a yellow Jasmin that already bloomed called the Carolina Jasmin.  OH WOW!!  It's now growing on the pergola and I think it blooms in the fall again?  We will see.  You can see it behind the Blue Jacaranda Tree picture.  Second season so far.  In that pot and in the ground it's taking off!



Next is a Clockvine.  All one word.  It is on what I call the island.  It was here already.  Takes off and grows all over the place!  Next to that is some kind of ground cover.  I love it!  Called Purple Heart.  Cute little pink flowers bloom.  Next is the Bleeding Heart Vine.  I was used to a different kind but we even have the white with the red Bleeding Heart.  It's working on blooming soon.  Also another kind that looks like a powder puff of red.  I have more pictures to add...  Next is a Milk Weed that the butterflies will eat down to the ground!  I already noticed some eggs on the leaves.  This plant also has seed pods that open off spreading all over.  It's ok though.  They all get eaten.  Now that I know what to look out for.

 



I love the fire bush!  these two are new.  I guess I have more of just one in the picture.  One that is already established is now blooming too.  They do go dormant.  When living in Kirkland WA. I had the Rose Of Sharon.  Here I have three different kinds now.  I also have a Tree.  This one is a shrub that will bloom all summer long!  I think it's hardier than the Hibiscus.  Those are lovely too!  


My little sitting area under the Weeping Bottle Brush Tree, that was put in last month!  It's fun to go behind the Jasmin smell the perfume in the air.  Not only from the Jasmin but the honeysuckle, banana bushes and so on.  I just keep adding!  I'm so in love with this, because it takes me away from the rest of the filth out in the world!  I can't stop living and I won't!  Till of course God calls me home!


Butterfly garden is full of flowers!  The Lantana took off, and not only butterflies but a lot of different hummingbirds find their way around the garden!  Lot's of bees show up daily too!  The milk weed is growing into a tree!  

We have some baby owls that are around at night.  The Great Horned Owls!  My favorite!  I see them in the trees.  Huge turtles roam the ground and have burrows.  Bob cats, and what we call cougars in the Pacific North West they call them panthers here.  The coyotes are also well fed with dumb people that let their animals out.  They got to eat too you know!  

All in all I rather coexist with the wild life than with idiot people that can't figure out their own sex, or the other crazies that say coexist yet they want to take my rights away!  Killing a child is not your right!  They all can go screw themselves!  If you want to coexist?  You can coexist with my rights then you losers!  My God given rights!

No comments: