Wednesday, May 17, 2023

I Know Who Else I'd Like To Take a Pickax To!

As the stomach turns, so does my life in my garden!  I can't stand the bare rock path driveway!  We have two driveways.  This one is in the back to our huge carriage house that could house a plane along with an RV and possibly a boat!   It comes in handy for pallets of stuff, that I need for the yard though!  They just drive right into the building to put it all in for me.  It keeps things dry. 

I did hear about zero's "Hussain" idea of disarming Americans.  Good luck with that asshole!  Not happening!  Go live in commie driven Australia if you think it's a good idea!  You know, thats where they sent criminals back in the day!  You are a criminal Barack!  

As I worked to remove the rocks from an area to get to the sand, I knew a shovel wouldn't be good enough.  My pickax did the job though!  Then the shoveling was a breeze!  Sand is so easy to dig in.  I had to practically dig to China!  Had to be deep enough to add some compost and soil mix.  All that is needed now is some bark around the tree.  Sweet Viburnum is what it is.  

I won!  It's in!  I did that same thing along the other side of it too!  trellis with two Jasmin, and 3 American Hollies.  I should be done now with pounding rock!  Now they all need to grow and establish!


Yesterday I decided to put some blackberry bushes into pots.  I had firecracker bushes in them that I transplanted into the ground.  Plus I did't like the messy look in the pots.  The weeds had to go too!  Harvest time for the blackberries will be in August.  

I'm waiting for my trellises to get here so I can add them to the pots.  These are vining and best of all, NO THORNS!  I figure they will do well.  They should, because I had a harvest of strawberries, and they were sweet and delicious! 


I had to get more landscape in though, before I play farmer.  My mint is doing well and some other cold veggies.  But now it is time for things like squash, potatoes, pumpkins, I also want to try watermelon and cantaloupe!  Nothing like cantaloupe strait off the vine!  Y'all think I just hang out by the pool don't you!  LOL...


No comments: