Sunday, November 13, 2005

Jamaican Vacation

The honeymoon suite “Our building ”.

This was something the Maid did for us

One year and one month later I noticed Jamaica is still going strong along with its people. Job opportunity is flourishing for those that go for it. I did business with an Indian vender at the duty free shop. I’m not one for gaudy tee shirts and such. I did buy a nice hand embroidered outfit from him that was “Made in India”. The outfit is the kind you would find at a high priced boutique in Bellevue. Trade is helping Jamaica in a good way. We engaged in conversation and it was a very enjoyable shopping experience.

The Market place

Bartering is a very good tool to get quality things at a very good price. A price you and the vendor are happy with. Education is strong because of the resorts that offer charity nights. A lot has changed since my trip in 84. Negril is now booming with tourists and many places to stay. Don’t get me wrong just like the slums of Seattle and else where there are still the dread lock communities. Dread lock camps had hand made crafts. It was really like the farmers market.

I will share some of the pictures here from people that we met and places that we visited to the wonderful sunsets. Lots and lots of adventures had been made. It was a good escape from the regular hum drum of life like the elections in Washington State. I see it all went as I predicted. My other two ballots never did show up. HA! As if the third one I got counted! Wink and a grin, at this point I am care free and enjoying my fire in the fireplace that I missed in that 80 + degree weather. No sand fleas or serious sunburns, I’d say this trip was a success only if the driver finds our house with the luggage that they lost at the airport. It was found and now I know it was a success!

Emily the resident cat
Paul Our favorite pool Bartender
Andre and Beverly a fun couple from California

Until tomorrow more to follow... enjoy

No comments: