Friday, October 27, 2023

It's Friday October 27th, We Still Have That Shit In Office!

 The END IS NEAR!  RUN!  ..... Run?  LOL  I'm ok with God I don't have to run!  But while I'm here, I will protect myself!  

Of course only God knows that time.

I can see it now...  Hi God!  I have a few losers I brought with me.  Obviously they killed me, however I took a few of them out, for attacking me.  Here are a few dozen for you to throw into hell!  

I always say I hope I won't have to, but if I do, I will protect my life or at least try to.

******************************************

It's Friday and time for a Garden Update!

I found my 3 American Hollies, that I planted last November!  The reason why they were overwhelmed with weeds, is because of the flowers.  These cute little daisy flowers.  Flowers for the bees and butterflies.

These cute little daisy flowers turn into these horrible thorns, thorns that shoot out at you, sticking you!  I treated them like the enemy, cutting them carefully at the top, before removing the entire plant from the roots.  Then I chopped them up into my bucket, to dump into the fire pit.  Since it is too breezy, to have a burning.  They are sitting there drying up nicely.  "POOF" they will burn quickly!  

F the bees and butterflies next year!!!  I'll go to the edge of the woods, and throw out some wild flower seeds for them!

Here are the American Hollies!  I wasn't quite done here, when I took the picture.  I was happy to see it looking well!  It grew a foot!  Have berries for Christmas started!  One of the three must be a male!  The Nellie Stevens Hollies I have 4 of them growing, since April.  They have berries too!  They are more fuller.  They too have grown!  They are supposed to be fast at growing.

I put some Holly food on them and watered them.  They forgive me.  Just like the Jasmin I put in did.  The begonias are still hanging in there.  I really don't like them.  If they keep flowering and coming back like they did in the early summer, ok.  They can stay.  I needed to clean out my two planters of weeds too.  Everything grows in Florida very well!  Even weeds!

Now for the other part of the property way over towards the woods.  My garden is going nuts!  To think I started everything from seed!  Late August, because that is when I put in the raised bed.  I also started the seeds indoors.  I didn't direct plant all the seeds.  Just the lettuce, carrots, peas, and bunch onions.  Radishes, white sweet onions, cherry tomatoes, regular tomatoes, zucchini, squash, pumpkin, watermelon and cantaloupe, were done indoors.  Then transplanted to the beds.

This is keeping my sanity.  I was driven to grow food.  Now that I see I can, I will boost the volume in the future.  I do like the raised beds more though.  They have a better chance of making it.  I will try my hand at growing corn next season.  That should be interesting.  


Above is the watermelon, below on the left is the cantaloupe, then the cherry tomatoes.  I had picked several from it before this picture for my salad and harvest some of my lettuce.  Tasted better than store bought!


No comments: