Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy Saint Patrick's Day

Well how about that! The news folks on 5 this morning in Seattle were in red, black... no green! Are they egging folks on to pinch them so they can scream harassment?
The Chicago river is always that color LOL... I know I lived there once.



Wikipedia said: It became a feast day in the Roman Catholic Church due to the influence of the Waterford-born Franciscan scholar Luke Wadding[1] in the early part of the 17th century, and is a holy day of obligation for Roman Catholics in Ireland. The date of the feast is occasionally moved by church authorities when March 17 falls during Holy Week; this happened in 1940 when Saint Patrick's Day was observed on 3 April in order to avoid it coinciding with Palm Sunday, and is happening again in 2008, being observed on 15 March (though the State holiday in Ireland is not affected).[2] March 17 will not fall during Holy Week again until 2160.[3]



Oh just give me the green beer! Um but I like Porter!?! OHHHHHH NOOOOOO! ^..^

9 comments:

The Griper said...

he raises his mug to the lady, tipping his head a bit, she hears a drunkened voice say to her "and a happy St. Paddy's day to you also" (hic) oopsy.

dcat said...

LOL Griper,
I think I need that beer now!

Cheers!

Indigo Red said...

Does St. Paddy's Day really move around, or does it just look like it's moving?

dcat said...

Hey Indigo,

What the hell happend to that other post of yours?! :D

I had a pitcher not a belly itcher...Hic up...excuse me :P

dcat said...

Eron go bra.

Or is it Ther goes my bra :D :D :D

dcat said...

Oh hell! What do I know!

I'm Polish anyway but it was fun to party on dude's

Thanks for the party I needed that excuse today! :D

to the fighting Irish! CHEERS!

Mike H. said...

I just bought some stock in a green dye manufacturer for next year. I'll probably be in the same financial state because of inflation. Darn!

Maybe I should buy some stock in an English beer company, if they keep going toward sharia the only place that they'll be able to sell it is the US.

dcat said...

Well at least we will be happy ;)

The Griper said...

mike h.
"if they keep going toward sharia the only place that they'll be able to sell it is the US."

got a feeling if that happens we'll be importing more than the beer. we'll be importing a whole bunch of englishmen also.