Saturday, April 02, 2005

The Person

I think of Pope John Paul ll as quite a unique person. Not as a Pope but what he was as a human. He loved to ski, kayak, and climb to the top of a mountain. Quite the out doors man. He said there is nothing like running down a mountain! I can relate to this.

I feel he gained respect of many and you know, he could have gone into the hospital to get help for what was happening “with his infection” and probably would have survived but he chose not to. I found this interesting as well.

Even though people didn’t agree with him they still loved this man. Even though he didn’t agree with polices he still acknowledged the choices that had to be made.

I feel that even if John Paul ll disagreed about the war he still knew the tough road ahead for people. He was probably thinking of the death and suffering involved on all sides. This saddened him. That is what he was probably against. John Paul ll also said I don’t condemn people that broke away from the church after all the same thing happened to Christ. He also said if I mess up tell me about it.

He talked about the tenfold. How very interesting!

He had a part in the fall of communism! Link to the story
Too bad he didn’t have a hand in stopping terrorism!

No comments: