Thursday, April 21, 2005

Our Language

Usually after drinking I do get philosophical. My thing tonight is about God. I have said I don’t like religion shoved down my throat. But I never ever said to removed God altogether from sight! I think this is strange for people to get so obsessed about having “God” removed in things but they tolerate a different language on items that they buy or use right here in the USA? That is ok? NOT WITH ME IT ISN”T! I am really getting fed up!

I have a bit of a problem with this! My poor grandmother as a young girl coming to the states didn’t know one word of English except maybe “hello”. She came to this country and she would buy things that didn't have her language on it. “It still doesn’t have her language on it”! (Of course she is dead now and it doesn’t matter nor does it?) She had no idea what she was getting really. She had to learn. So what is the reason for all this Espanola? I am getting to feel insulted now! I don’t even speak Polish all that well! There are others out there from other countries that put me to shame with English.

I saw at the drivers burrow they appointed an interpreter to a person that was there to take the drivers test. Will this person keep driving with the guy till he learns English? Ok fine what happens when they see different signs? I guess that is why they have different shape signs. What about if they get confused?

I was reading one day the back of a shampoo bottle in the store and got irritated because I was reading something I didn’t understand! "What the hell is this!?" Then I saw it was in another language! I got even more upset and when I went to the bank the automated teller will ask you; “English or…?” Am I still in America or has someone taken it over?!!!

Leave God alone and give us our English language back!

Signed: An ugly American and damn proud of it!

No comments: