Wednesday, October 09, 2024

As The Hurricane Comes...

 It's always peaceful before the storm.  I love these kind of days!  My banana trees were trimmed up this last week.  I'm planning on sticking them in the ground in February, when I know the frost season is over.  We do get cold weather, for a few days.  One day I had a half inch slab of ice, in the bird bath!  It only lasted till noon though.  I guess that is why the plumeria is still doing well and the bird of paradise, here in zone 9.  

All the weeds are now gone in front of the lanai.  We won't have to put water in the pool for a while.  Salt was just added a week ago.  The fountains are scheduled to turn on soon, for a few hours.  I'm sitting in the lounge area, enjoying a blueberry roll I baked.  Smooth jazz in the background.  AHHHHH!  Thank you God, even though the winds are picking up.  I don't have any control.  I can only pray.





The fountains kicked on now....

We are at 116ft in elevation.




No comments: