Sunday, February 11, 2024

A Gorgeous Sunday!

 My morning, on our property.  Lots of Gods gifts!

This guy came out as I was walking on the veranda!  Drying its wings now.  He came on my finger, he was happy, I placed him on a bloom of one of the milkweeds.  He was hungry!  "He" ? no!  I don't know what the sex of a butterfly is.  I don't give two shits about skin color either!  I don't really care!  It's pretty!  


There are others coming too!


As I sat in the shade of the Carolina Jasmin, that I planted two years ago.   Sipping on coffee enjoying the fragrant air.




Watered all the garden area, early this morning.  Enjoying the view from our pergola my husband and I put up.  My idea of course.  This place was too darn empty!  Now, I am enjoying everything I added.  Never really finished you know.

I put this pallet to good use.

Bird of Paradise given to me the first year here, from a very good neighbor near by.  That is Florida folks for you!  Very giving and friendly.  My desert rose in the pot was from our realtor.  It is coming back after hibernating in the carriage house for a month, along with another potted tree I have, that hates the cold.  "Below 50".
I'm growing ice cream banana's.  These little guys got repotted into larger pots, that I had laying around.  They grow pretty fast!


Yes, I do need to put that hose away.  81 today and the sprinkler system will be going off tonight.  Plus we will be getting rain on Monday?  We shall see.  We didn't get any yesterday and were supposed to.  Things were wet though this morning.  Hmmm?

The view from the pergola and the garden area...  Everything is planted now hardening off in the raised beds.  All from natural seed.  I also collect my own seed.  No thank you, to that shit GMO crap!

I plan to extend the garden area another 60ft. or so.  Back row of corn and then the watermelon, cantaloupe and pumpkin.  Those will be put right into the ground with nutrients needed.

Another place to sit is, the butterfly garden.  Still needs some maintenance with feeding, adding soil...  However, what a fantastic and calm place to give praise to the Lord!



No comments: