Thursday, December 07, 2023

7 Years Ago Today!

 Yes, Pearl Harbor, I bet all of them are turning in their graves!  Actually, looking down from Heaven, shaking their heads!  What the hell is going on with them! 

Well, this was the day my husband and I retired!  It wasn't supposed to be on the same day.  We planned it earlier, however our jobs needed us to stick it out.  I also went to volunteer for 5 years after that!

Living now far away in a warmer climate.  We look at each other and can't believe it!  All the climbs we did, ski trips, ...  Looking old!  Then, I get very sad at the people I knew, that never made it to retirement.  Ah but life is not fair.  Somehow, I know they are much better off than we are on this planet!  God is the boss!  Not man!

I brought the balloons home and the sign!  I gave away some to co-workers with children.  I beat my hubby home.  



Hubby and I had a magical night celebrating!  But I felt so weird, not going to work!  After 40+ years and 16 of those 40 two jobs, struggling saving, investing, working hard...  I'm talking about what I did.  Hubby had deadlines and other struggles.  I was always independent, we were, and still are always best friends and the best lovers!

Life is so interesting.  Didn't think about moving right away.  We went and traded in both cars and got one brand new car.  We didn't need two cars.  Now he has his sports car and a we have a dream home!  I had my Z4 BMW convertible, back in 2004 brand new.  It was out of my system.  I later thought, what was I thinking!   

I needed something bigger, so I can get stones and plants that I wanted to grow....  I do miss our yard in Kirkland.  However I like the bigger one we have now!  With all the pine trees, I had to put in the palm tree, so I wouldn't think I was in Eastern Washington!  Ah but they all get snow!  LOL...  

No comments: