Saturday, July 23, 2022

These Are Gods Beauties

Yes, it is hilarious watching the liberals loving Cheney now.  I don't understand stupid at all!  Ah, thats the dumb for you!

***************************************

Happy people are gardeners!  The butterfly garden is a work in progress, still waiting for three lavender plants to arrive.  I also am going to put in another kind of butterfly bush.  It's not happy in the container it is in.  I just planted 5 plants today, before the heat got to me.  The pool is truly a life saver for me!

Early in the morning there was dew on everything!  The butterflies were puddling.  They get nutrients from water on wood, rock and sand.     We don't have mud.  We have sand.  I add gardening soil and mulch to my plants. The butterflies were out getting the moisture full of nutrients from wet surfaces.  I also have a clay dish with stones, so they don't drown.  Bees do it too.  I have seen the hummingbirds at the birdbath, getting a drink now and then.  They are very entertaining!  They have two feeders that I hang in different areas.  The heat is intense, so they are in shady areas and changed every 3 days.    

If you enlarge this photo you will see a zebra swallowtail puddling.


This is a Hawaiian Hibiscus


This is a native plant called Gaillardia


Enlarge this picture of the milkweed and you will see two Monarch butterflies.


These are two of my new trees.  In the distance the island full of more plants, that were here already.  The fire bush is at the front end under the feeders, is very popular with hummers and butterflies.  I just added stones to make it pop out.  All plants have mulch around them.  The grasses and crackled glass balls, were added for night ambiance. 



The bench so far looks nice with the Red hibiscus at one end and the Purple Showers Ruellia. 



This is a Dark Blue Moody Blues Speedwell.


On this Sweet William Dianthus, when photo is enlarged you will see the orange butterfly.


Madagascar periwinkle


This is a puddling station you don't need much water.  The cute turtle was given to me by my friend and neighbor nearby.





No comments: