Saturday, May 04, 2024

Gotta Celebrate Something, Might As Well Be May 5th!

I need to start growing lemon trees!  I used 7 lemons to make this delicious lemon cello mousse cake!  At least I hope, it will be delicious! 

The lemon curd in the bowl, was my first time making it.  Should go good with the rest of the cake.  Had some left over.  I guess it will be good on ice cream too.  It has to chill overnight now.  

This is a layered cake.  The lady fingers, made with yolks and whites, separated.  You have to do each separately, with the whites whipped with sugar to form peeks, adding the sifted flour.  You gradually add the two after beating the yolks till thick, putting in lemon zest, folding it into the fluff, then onto a greased deep cookie sheet with parchment paper in the bottom.  Bake, let cool and then cut two sheets of the cake flipping it out placing one half, in the glass casserole dish.  Then, you have another mixture with, "I used lemon flavored rum" sugar, Tahitian vanilla with a little water.  You brush the top with a silicone brush.  Then you use the whip cream mixture of Mascarpone cheese "oh and make sure the cheese is room temperature" otherwise, you will  have issues incorporating it with the whip cream and sugar.  

Put on the second layer repeat.  Then, at the end, when it was in the fridge for 4 hours you can decorate it with the lemon curd.  Which was fun making too!  Pipe it on, put back in the fridge over night, done!  WHEW!  I needed a drink after all of that!




Since today was the Kentucky Derby, I really needed one of these after all that work!  A mint julep made with the mint, I grew!  The bourbon was good too!  I needed it!

Tomorrow, family will be over to enjoy nachos, soft taco's with fresh homemade avocado salsa and tomato pepper onion salsa, margarita's and of course the lemon cello mousse cake.  I'm retired so this was enough work for me!  

No comments: