Thursday, August 18, 2022

The Butterfly Rescue Business

 I found the cocoon of the Orange Golf Firillary.  LINK  Then saw two more caterpillars on the passion fruit vine!  

It was hard to spot because it looks like a leaf.  The cocoon of these guys aren't as pretty.  

Here are the two new ones that I found on the plant.  I guess it's not going to be put in the ground yet.  Momma butterfly laid more than one egg on this plant at the nursery!  I already have a beautiful plant growing in the garden.  This one even has the fruit forming already!

Funny how I have two cocoons of the monarch butterfly, and one of the orange golf firillary.  Now this time two caterpillars of the orange golf firillary, and one monarch caterpillar.  

The monarch will beat the orange golf firillary to the cocoon stage though, due to size difference.  

I wanted to do this with the swallow tail in Kirkland.  It was so hard to get an egg there and a host plant for them.  They only came in the yard once in a while for the flowers.  I didn't have the right plant for them and the yard was small.  I am betting there are many cocoons out on my island here.

The rock path I put in almost a year ago next month.  With 3 pallets of rock.  This last month I put this butterfly garden area in.  The trellis was put up last fall.  The H.Potter one was constructed, last month for the passion fruit.  The garden is coming along very well.  I just need to plant strawberries for a nice harvest in February.  Thank you God for all we have!  I'm very grateful for everything, unlike the miserable, commie, soulless swamp creatures and co.  I'm sure they're all jealous of any American that is doing well, and ignoring their stupidity, with peddling that poison to inject!  Some of us know best!  Thanks be to God!









No comments: