Monday, July 11, 2022

Nothing Like Washing Dirt Away

 God gave our place a shower again.  I have had no problems like allergies here in Florida!  The air is so clean!  I feel the White House will be next!  It will need fumigation!  Free association you say?  No just the truth!

The garden is doing really well.  I din't linger in the garden area very long, because of the blue birds are nesting in 3 of our birdhouses, that I put up.  Not sure about the other 4, there was a downy near one of them.  

I have my rifle ready for the snakes!  Black snakes, I just scare away.  They're all fast little buggers!  They are good, but the larger ones can take a nest out.  They need to stick to eating the lizards.  Ah but I like them too!  Found some caterpillars, swallowtail, and monarchs.  Not sure what the giant orange butterfly caterpillars look like yet.  Haven't seen them.  By August there will be many flying around!

We had a panther come by.  Coyotes, I was told bear are here too!  How cool!  Seen the Great Horned owls in our trees.  They have a nest too!  Lot's of wildlife that is for sure.  Cute little foxes, flying squirrels and so on.

I have pictures of some of my blooms this morning.  My two new magnolias are full of buds.  I got the first bloom and the fragrance is amazing!  Thought of taking one and floating it in a bowl of water in the house.  They bloom all season and it's my favorite, evergreen!  The two different colored rocks is what I put down last fall.  I left room for mulching around the plants in the fall.  It keeps them warm and keeps moisture for them as well as nutrients when it breaks down.  I'll also add soil and food for them all.

Magnolia


Which one is you?


This has lots of buds!  One of the Rose of Sharon, its pink


Blue rose of Sharon


Butterfly bush


From the bleeding heart family


Another bleeding heart


Beans!


Foraging plan


Fire bush


Ruellia


Kings mantle, or Thunbergia erecta


Or blue trumpet vine





No comments: