Saturday, October 15, 2022

Growing Food

 I just ordered strawberry plants.  Silly me!  I tried in the spring, to grow them here.  Harvest time here in Florida is in February!  The strawberry fest is in February!  

However the passion fruit, squash, pumpkins are now.  I don't show pictures of the obvious.  Everybody has the obvious growing.  Now try a passion fruit!  That is new to me and more exciting!  They're yummy too!

I have two of these stalks growing.  I read they produce for 5 years and then you have to replace them.  Interesting knowing that!  Plus the orange Gulf butterflies flock to these and the caterpillars love them!  Ok so I will put more in then.  I love the butterflies!  

Here is one in flight!


I noticed the hibiscus is showing off too!  What a gorgeous day!

Here are my fruits, and some of the flowers are now turning into fruit! I tested them, and they aren't ready to fall off the vine.  That is when you harvest them.
\










No comments: