Sunday, June 12, 2022

Another Beautiful Sunday

 The new plants are blooming and three more were added to the property.  Next year it won't be so stark around here.  I even added a palm tree to the back yard.  In Kirkland Washington my yard would have been filled up by now!  In fact it was!  The yard sold that house!  The oasis to the hot tub and a stone patio fire pit that I built, was a plus!  We love having all this land around us here!  We have a fire pit area, however it's one of those portable ones.  I don't need a big one here.  We have two of the non wood burners to use as well.  The pool is the lounge area.  The pergola isn't a bad place to lounge in either.  I'm working on the seventh sitting area soon.  Different views everywhere you go.

All in all God is great!  He definitely has got this!  

Remember Flag Day is coming up, along with the best ever 45th Presidents Birthday! 

Do you see the red white and blue?  If you see otherwise you are a commie! 

These are the Allamanda blanchetii.  It was such a sickly thing when I got it.  I read that it loved drought and perfect for our elevated area temperature in the winter, here in Florida.  I really didn't think it was going to make it.  See what a little love can do!  



Here is my one month old Plumeria.  I will wait to see how it does before I ever plant it in the ground.  I have a feeling I will keep it in containers with the right kind of soil.  It has to drain well and only need to be soaked once a week.  It fits under our covered area and will get 4-5 hours of sun.  Any more than that it will not be happy.  I will be bringing in this one in the winter.  It's good to 30 but we did have a few dips in the 20's this last winter.  It only lasted a month off and on and warmer in the daytime though.  I don't think people realize that. 


Yes!  I still have plenty of these!  My Jasmin back in Washington State, they would bloom all summer long.  I fed these and when you prune them a bit, feed them keeping them watered they will keep blooming.

This is the mint.  It is invasive so you want to keep it in a pot.


The red Mandevilla will be living in the large carriage house this winter.  


Just like the butterfly bush/tree I had before.  I'm happy to have once again!  It is in the ground and will do well in my zone 9


Funny how I tried to have similar baskets at our old place.  They never really looked as full as these do!  I'm happy!  Near by I have gardenias, two pordacarpuse's (from the yew family), and a sweet viburnum with fragrant flowers in the spring.  Also on the side growing up the pergola, I have a yellow fragrant jasmine, hope it will do well on the pergola.  Yeah, I need to get in and weed that area.


My first bloom from the rose of Sharon I just put in.  The blue hasn't started yet.  I got only a quart size so it's going to be a while.  I had the blue rose of Sharon before.  I also got the tree form put in by the pergola.  It's 4ft tall but just planted yesterday.  We shall see!  This one here is a bush that will grow to 10-12 ft.  and so will the tree.


I'm happy to have these coming back from winter.  Hibiscus will have a winter coat next season!  With plenty of mulch!  My grandmother would grow unusual flowers and plants in northern Indiana.  She put gunnysacks and wood bushel baskets over the plants for winter.  She was the envy of every gardener in the area!


These are Hawaiian Hibiscus.  Love them!  They came back too!


Something I just threw in along the side.  I'm getting some border to put down.  Soon as it comes I will start raking the mulch back off the grass lay that down and fill it in with even more mulch, for a more finished look.


The ponytail palm.  One of the first plants I bought when we moved here.  It has doubled in size since September!  This will be getting as high as 6ft.  Yes, I do have some planted in the area.  They were already here along with snake plants.  Now I know to cover them, during cold weather.  They are coming back but boy they struggled!  This one is on wheels and I will bring it indoors, with the plumeria.  


My new Hibiscus!  This one should be really red!  Stay tune for more pictures.  The left are losing their minds and I'm just watching what bs they spew next.  I try to stay away from stupid people.  





No comments: