Sunday, January 22, 2023

Peaches -n- Cream Honeysuckle

 Thanks to Dinesh D'Souza's one podcast, he had an advertisement on how he and his wife replaced a magnolia tree.  It was damaged by a storm.  He said Fast Growing Trees did a fantastic job in sending them a tree, to replace the damaged one.  Well, I'm happy to report!  I have been buying plants from them ever since I moved here, in Florida!  

Some of my plants are coming up on one year!  They look fantastic!  I have gone to nurseries.  There is a good family owned one near by.  However, this is so fast and easy.  Also when I go to the nursery, I still come home with plants.  There are some, that they just don't have.  

Like this one...


This is a picture of a peaches and cream, I had in Washington State.   Actually, I had two there.  It was mostly evergreen all year long and bloomed not just in the spring.  The fragrance was wonderful!  I see it will do so much better here.  We live in zone 9A, I came from a colder area of zone 8.  We were considered the foot hill in Washington State.  Meaning we got snow and when you drove down to the bottom of the hill, sometimes they didn't have the snow we did.

Anyway here, I have one of the peaches and cream plants already.  It was only a quart in size, when I got it. I have green leaves and it is thriving.  It will be a year old in May.  I feel this year it will have blooms!

The ones I bought this time were 3-2gal and staked.  The hummingbirds go nuts with this plant.  I'm planting one by our pergola, one by my white trellis and one by my H.Potter three panel trellis in the butterfly garden. 

Here is how they come.  I took a close up shot and all three have blooms starting with nice green leaves.  You pay a bit more if you get the bigger pot.  I just tried the quart size last spring because, I didn't know if it would make it.  It's going crazy!


Here are the new ones.

You can see the buds on all 3 and the health leaves!



Yes this is what keeps my sanity in a stupid world of demonic nut cases!  That and going to the range!  



 


No comments: