Monday, May 27, 2024

This Is Florida!

 The freedom we enjoy now came with a price.  I hope that the USA continues with freedom!  With this current corrupt administration, I hardly think it will, but there is always hope!  In God We Trust!

We didn't have all that we have now, in Kirkland!  Sure we did have the cathedral ceiling in our living room, but not like here!  Crown molding, tray ceilings, huge bathrooms with a two person soaking tub... the whole luxury thing!  Our home there was built in 74 and it was old!  The bathrooms were like small closets!

As we lived In our old home, we updated it.  Good thing!  It sold in 3 days!  We got quite a bit for it, when we sold.  Didn't think we would get what we did for it.  Which was a nice surprise!   

The home we have now has acreage, is a newer home.  No more going out on the deck looking into your neighbors yard, with them looking at you here!  In fact it's wonderful to skinny dip!  I feel like I'm living, in the street of dreams!  

We have this huge carriage house, that we are grateful to have!  Hubby made me my own work bench!  His is on the other side.  It looked so plain outside of the building, looking out from the pool area.  We built a pergola.  My Carolina Jasmin, that I put in, it already covers half of it.  It's an evergreen and in the spring we get beautiful yellow flowers, that the humming birds enjoy!  I also put in large white triangle 3ft x by 2ft. x 4ft. tall,  long planters.  Then I planted all kinds of plants that do well in heat.  Even the giant bird of paradise in front of those planters.  I hope it gives me a flower this year.  That goes for the plumeria!  It's growing into a tree!

The problem is, I never want to go anywhere.  When we do, I just can't wait to come home again!  It's like living at a resort!  You just have several garden area's you get to enjoy and add to them.  Lot's of wild life to enjoy!  A pool to cool off in...  On and on!  The people around us are normal!  Unlike in Washington State!  I love the southern life!



 

Right now on this day I'm just feeling blessed!  Time to make some lemon aide!  

 

I can't wait for the 3 ice cream banana trees to give us some fruit!  I heard that it takes about 18 months.  11 months to go!  They are getting huge!  I just repotted them.  New leaves keep on coming in.  We shall see!  They were twigs 6 months ago.  



This place has so many places to just sit and enjoy.  When in the fall, the weather starts to cool into pleasant 70's, we slide open the pocket doors!  Today it got up to 90.  Perfect weather to sit around after swimming.  Gardening is over by 10am.  Yep!  6 to 10. Thank heavens for the sprinkler system that we run in the evenings.
 

When we lived in Washington State, we used to go to Victoria BC and stay at the Empress.  They had this little lounge with club chairs.  I put club chairs here.  Now this is our lounge area.  I don't miss going to the Empress anymore either!  

Poor Canada...  It used to be fun and more free back when.  American's best start waking up!  Or we will be in that same commie Marxist fascist boat Canada is in!  

I don't need a corrupt government telling me what to do!  I never complied during the pandemic!  I don't trust the government or the CDC!  I'm so thankful I went with my gut feeling!  My husband felt that same way I did!  We didn't mask either.  Good hand washing!  I was in the healthcare field, I do know bullshit, when someone tries to feed it to me!  
Ah well, I went off again didn't I, heh!  Here is our lounge.


Our living room looks out to the backyard and pool.  I just keep pinching myself, to see if all this is really real!  Three years coming up this fall and I still can't believe we are in such a wonderful spot!  Thank you Lord!


Time to reheat the leftovers, from that wonderful place, my husband took me to on my special day!  A nice bottle of wine, dinner by the pool area, tiki torches going, with cricket sounds and tree frogs in the background.  The water fountain is going with light piano music in the background!  

We added the outdoor speakers to the existing connections.  I can't believe they had two large screen TV's outside!  Yuck!  I joked about, being surprised there wasn't one in all 3 bathrooms!  Obviously, I got corrected by the realtor.  People do have them there...  ðŸ˜‚

We got rid of them!  We don't even have cable.  I like our big screen for movies in the theater room.  That is enough!  Well they were from up north, so just saying.  I do my own research when it comes to news.  Obviously some need to be brainwashed and spoon fed.

Well there I go again... Good night! 😎

No comments: