Sunday, January 21, 2024

27 Deg. In North Florida!

 Just 2 or 3 hours last night of below 30 deg., did this?  Yes boys and girls, it gets maybe one or two days of cold here in the winter.  Just that 1 or 2 day's of frost part.  Actually the high for today is in the high 50's.  Not bad!  Should be warming up now.  In the 80's next week!  

The last day we used the pool was the day before December 8th, our Christmas party.  Last year, we used the pool a week before Christmas.  It very's from year to year, this being our 3rd season.  I'm predicting this is it for frost.   We also had drained the pool last year.  We had it acid cleaned, painted around the edges and caulked.  Wasn't done probably since the place was built, in 2007.  It was filled 3 days after that clean up job.

Our birdbath. 


I'm thinking, since some things are well established, they will do better in the cold.  Even the tomatoes did ok!  I never covered anything.  Lettuce, looks fine and so do the carrots!  Bunch onions and some others, are still pushing up.  I have many things started, in my indoor greenhouse to add.   Exciting and fun!



Many branches of the tomato plants have flowers on them!  Even this big tomato plant!  It was planted early October.  "Started from seed." The reason why the cherry tomatoes are doing well, is because they were in longer. 

I'll be making my own sauce, paste, salsa!  Got two different pepper plants started.  Since I like it mild, I won't be using their seeds, for that heat effect.  I will plant them though!  Yay!







No comments: