Thursday, August 31, 2023

Gardening Second Harvest From Seed!

 Many here in Florida are starting a second round of gardening.  This is all new to me.  I just put in my huge raised bed in June!  I did have fruits and some veggies growing in pots.  Now for the big life!

I started with winter squash but it got ate by something.   The leaves were coming in so nicely too!  DAMN!  Found out I should have used some Neem Oil.  My other plants did well though?  Huh?  I'm not spraying them.  If I do I will use organic spray that seemed to work on my blackberries.  By the way, they were delish!

Can't believe all these were just popping up as teeny tiny plants a month ago!

     Cherry Tomatoes                       Cantaloupe


Watermelon

Cantaloupe bloom


This was the raised bed after I put it together.  I'm still filling it!  This takes tones of soil!  I used other matter from the yard first.  It will all breakdown to feed the plants.  I got this raised bed from Costco.  I love that it has a gate.  It's dumb to have a greenhouse here.  It's too hot!  I had the gait open for the picture.  Yes I put this together myself.


Blueberry bushes will be to the side of this raised bed.  The trellis for climbing vegetables will be to the back of the raised bed.  I'll have in ground things too in the future.  I'll add soil and have read that things do well in the sandy soil as long as you feed and add garden soil with mulch.  We love having all this land!

I'll do some decorative gardening in front of this bed.  Like rosemary by the garden gate!

My prayers go out to the Cedar Key folks!   This is what got me started with my garden when I visited this wonderful community!



Many restaurants had their beds here for their culinary menu!  Fresh vegetables and herbs!  We ate at one of the ma and pa restaurants for my birthday.  Now all this is under water from the hurricane!  My heart breaks for them.  Oh but you bet Ukraine will get all the money they need!!  I'm so angry!  This administration needs to go!  They are the hate group against us Americans!

No comments: