Thursday, June 01, 2023

Nothing Like Gardening.

After this post I have a date with a gardena!  

As I wait here to see what plays out in life, I do my part!  It's not screaming on line and joining something that will only waste my short time here.  You see only a few can play, the rest of us are truly exempt.  They all just want your money!  Oh if they only knew my part in what I do.  They would all be shocked.  Shocked I tell you!  

Have you ever heard of, walk tall and carry a big stick?  I carry more than that!

How about a large trellis?  Or bags of rock?  It's a jungle out there!  But someone needs to keep it going!  With Gods beauty all around us!  

We have been here, going on two years already in September!  I did a lot!  I put in two 100ft paths, planted shrubs, planted flowers, planted fruit and vegetables, put in planters, put in trellises, put in arbors, planted trees...  This place was so empty!  It is work, but once it's in and established, maintenance is easier than putting it all in.  They had nothing but acres of grass!  I'm creating a smaller place of lush green and grass.  The island is self growing and doing well.  I just added rock for beauty.  A good work out!  Those stepping stones were my weight training as well!  My husband just watches me in amazement, shaking his head of course!  The neighbors now know how strong I am.  Word does get around.  I had garden tours already with wine!  I'm letting the rest go natural, to add that forest beauty in the distance.  Besides we have wild life to enjoy here!


I love the big carriage house, don't get me wrong.  However without the beauty of plants it looked like a prison!  I'm thinking an Iron window box with blue daze cascading out of it by that window.  I  shall see.


I had the Plumeria in a pot for almost a year.  It seems to like where I planted it.  It has company and a warm backdrop.  In the winter I will put more mulch and pine needles.  Same as the white bird of paradise.  The root system will be well established by then.  I hope!


They told me the bougainvillea was hard to grow.  It is cooler where we are in the winter.  


Welcome to my jungle!  First is the milkweed, then the white bird of paradise, three different canna's, in-between the cannas a plumeria, and an allamanda with pink flowers that came back from last year. 


On the pergola, you can see the Carolina Jasmin is starting to cover it.  That was all planned.  If I have to be here, I might as well enjoy it!  Boy do I!  

No comments: