Thursday, July 20, 2023

It's All About Me Today!

 You get to a point and are ready to tell everyone to go away, I'm doing me today!  Yes, I saw what God did in North Carolina.  I'm expecting he will be doing more, to the scoundrels out there!

Meanwhile I am going to go for a much needed massage this morning.  I'm going now once a month.  It's a luxury for the body.  I feel so good after that.  I think it should be included in my old persons health plan!  We get stupid things done to us that isn't what an individual wants or need!  They dictate to you what you need.  I'm so done with that!  If I die it won't be the worst thing!  The worst thing, would be being stuck on Earth watching more stupid going on!

I'm told to grow more food.  Ok, I got this raised bed for things like lettuce, radishes, carrots, all because of a little bunny that comes in the yard.  The giant turtles like lettuce too!  I'm thinking this will be the ticket.  We also have a great horned owl hanging around at least three of them!  Why is that rabbit still alive!  I'm going to hunt him if they don't pretty soon!

I was forced to put this up now.  My brother gave me a cute little sign for it.  This raised bed is huge!  I did all of this on my own.  One person like me, "a dyslexic" can put it together with no problems!  I ordered it from COSTCO if you need to know.


It still needs to be filled.  I started raking some grass up to put on top of the cardboard it all came in.  It came in 6 huge boxes, two separate shipments.  

Then the mix of soil will be going in, worm castings and all.  I did start more seeds.  In Florida we have a chance for a second crop!  The cold things do just fine here.  We are in zone 9 so it's not as hot as South Florida 10 & 11.  Also higher in elevation.  We did our homework.  If we want the crowds, it's easy to get into a car, drive south and hit tourist beaches.  But why?  We have the Gulf right by us, with lots of wild life.  Small towns are the best!  Part of me feels like I'm in Indiana summers.  The pine trees make me feel like we are in Eastern Washington, so I put in a palm tree to remind us this was indeed Florida!  Oh and make no mistake!  We both are voting for Trump!

It looked so blah till I took over the property!  I even have 4 blackberry bushes, along with a couple of other tropical fruit!  They will be two years old this November!  That palm tree will be two years old in March of 2024!  Sylvester Palm.  We moved in, in September 2021.  Love having all this land!


I use to have a greenhouse when living in Kirkland WA.  It's too damn hot here, plus we have this giant building I call the carriage house.  I could put a climbing wall in it, or even a shooting range, put in a couple of yachts...  It's HUGE!  It's fun having the guys from home depot just drive right in with my pallets of rock, mulch...  It's like a giant warehouse!  I never dreamed I would have all this!  Thank you God!  Now I need to grow more food!  I will get that rabbit!  Mmmm stew!

No comments: