Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Doing Things My Way.

 Yes, well I think this was the last time I'm doing pods!  This is the second harvest.  I planted other things to see if they would do well.  They did.  Now I'm trying my hand at watermelon, cherry tomatoes, rosemary and cantaloupe.  I'm still going to try pumpkin too.  After all this is Florida!

I thought I would use these pod kit things, just for something different.  I don't really like this way.  I'm going back to my way, like I did when I had a greenhouse.  Florida is a greenhouse!  

I am in our huge carriage house, on my side of the building.  I chose the side with the sun, because of my seed starting business.  My pay is, having food to eat!  

I started a second harvest.  This was a week ago.


I started these the second week of July.  This is them now!  The watermelon started to show roots, so I repotted them.  Cherry tomatoes too.   


Cantaloup and the Rosemary are slow.  The cantaloup are just sprouting now.  Not a sign of the Rosemary!  I already have mint and I am surprised at how well it is doing.  The chives didn't last long.  I used them up!  I need to start more chives sometime.

I'm only planting things that we eat.  It appears I still have a green thumb even in Florida!  

June was supposed to be the rainy season.  It's late!  Seems July is the wet month now!  I'm not complaining!  Unlike insanely Inslee in Washington State!  I know it's called weather!  Someday we may even have an ice age!  Not that I will be around for it!  God never makes mistakes!  Man on the other hand, is dumber than a rock!  Well some of  them!  I happen to be a woman, the way God made me!

No comments: