Thursday, February 16, 2023

Being Self Sustaining

With Gods help of course!  I know my gift was to have a green thumb. But even I can kill something.  Paying attention to heat and water is the key to growing for me.  

I remember when living in Kirkland Washington leaving things in the greenhouse was not a good thing for the plants.  It would be over a 100 degrees in there!  I found them to be happier in the  ground.  Here in Florida the ground is sand.  You have to mix it with nutrients from other means.  I do mulch weeds and burn them.  Use the ash method.  

I had an old grandmother that showed me long ago.  They didn't have, what they have now back in the 1800's.  Cows do help!  Chickens do too.  Always invite birds into your garden!

One of my ideas and I see others doing it now too on line, are the plastic containers for starting seeds.  They work pretty well!  nothing fancy but hey it works don't fix it!  There is nothing better than going out and getting fresh herbs for cooking, strait from the yard!




The view from our carriage house, has improved!  We love it here!  I have my own work bench too!








No comments: