Saturday, October 22, 2005

Autumn Colors

What a beautiful day today on the way to a peaceful landscape of the University of Washington Botanic Gardens Washington Park Arboretum. Driving to that destination was a pleasant one after stopping at the Starbucks along the Lake Washington Juanita Park area about 5 min from our home. We even had the plush cushy chairs to sit in while enjoying that Latte. I thought boy this is going to be a great day!

After the Latte stop with hubby by my side, me at the wheel driving with the top down taking the lake drive through Downtown Kirkland. This was a wonderful drive until we had approached this stop light. While waiting for the light to change I peered to the right where there was this putrid yellow VW bug with all kinds of paraphernalia on it. Arrest Karl Rove I didn’t vote for Bush! I thought hmmm that person is going to have another three years of anger and misconception. Yellow was about the right color for that person to have if you get my drift.

Well with that being the only eye sore the other one being there was a game at the Husky Stadium. I didn’t mind that it took a half hour to get there to the Arboretum, because the Lake was beautiful and the Yachts were all out and the sun was out. Once we got to the museum parking lot the attendant was making sure we were not just parking there for the game. I said to the man no way that we planned to walk along Marsh Island then to Foster Island and to the Arboretum. He said ok you can park at the bottom and so we did.

We walked along and heard the roar of the crowed, because on the trail going along the water you could stop on the dock and look at the crowd sitting at the Husky Stadium yelling. This brought a little excitement into the air but not that I would spend it sitting on a bench watching a game. So the hike was the highlight of the day.

I Hope that Tom C. "TOM'S RANTS" and Mrs. C are having the time of their life this weekend as well. Oh I better check in to see if the undesirables have been visiting! Sorry Tom C. this is a wonderful Saturday for hubby and me too! Next a fire in the fireplace dinner movie and we are going to make s'mores. Have a great autumn week-end everyone and enjoy!

No comments: